Monday 12 September 2011

Summer Creations

Our May Holiday Destination: Very Beautiful Montbron - France
Just a quick afternoon post from me today, I haven't quite found the motivation to post my crafty wedding bits yet (I am a perfectionist and want to be able to do it justice!) but I wanted to share a few things I've been meddling with of late.

First up... Very simple fabric brooches with vintage buttons!



©2011 Kathryn Ward
Fabric & Button Brooches
I've also been kept very busy with making cards, August and September are always so crazy for me with birthdays that while I have thoroughly enjoyed making them I am still quite glad to be able to put it to bed for a little while! I was beginning to feel like I couldn't keep up with them all!
My very good friend  Amanda is a sales rep for a craft company and I've been making the most of getting to play with the new goodies I ordered through her. You can find some lovely images of all her creations to inspire you here.

The other good thing is that most people have now received their cards so now I can share some of them here!

Enjoy...

Birthday card for a lovely little lady called Imogen.

Baby Shower card for my 'soon-to-be-mummy' friend Hayley.

Birdy Birthday card for my friend Rhiann.
First Anniversary Card for Amanda and hubby.
My Grandma's birthday card.
French inspired Engagement card for my sister and her other half.

Still very much enjoying crochet - I've even ventured onto following patterns! (Ok maybe not such a recent development but it still feels very new to me!) I'm very much a learn-by-doing person so a lot of the time a whole load of written instructions just didn't make any sense to me, but with a bit of time and perseverance (and the power of Internet tutorials!) I feel like I'm really getting somewhere. I have a few projects in mind that I'd like to have a go at in future but for now I'll leave you with this little owl that was requested by an old friend called Billy.

I got the pattern from this wonderful blog Roman Sock - 'Instant Crochetification'  just in case you wanted to have a go yourself!

Billy's little Owl - Kathryn Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment